Design teams face many challenges; the toughest, staying ahead of the Race Team. Every season we provide some of the worlds most decorated paddlers with new designs; boards that have evolved. These designs need to be slightly ahead of the athlete.
We want to thank Brian Szymanski, John Becker, Bart de Zwart, Connor Baxter, Annabel Anderson and Zane Schweitzer.
STRATEGIC THOUGHT: THE CHOICE FOR A VARIETY OF CONDITIONS.
The 2015 All Stars have more width up front in combination with more pronounced bottom concaves; this increases the stability and allows us to ride more narrow, faster boards. A benefit of a more narrow hull other than less friction, is that the paddle comes closer to the board and creates a more efficient power transfer also allowing for more strokes per side. The lower tail and nose rocker improves acceleration into bumps and makes it especially easy to connect to the next wave. The flat water speed is also noticeably improved with the enhanced rocker line which creates a longer, effective waterline.
||Rider up to:
- Very balanced rocker. Easy to trim the board by single step backward or forward.
- Straight outline. For optimum control and stability.
- Very slight standing tray. For more stability and waves
- Sharp thin nose. For good wave piercing ability at various angles.
- Steep Transom. The steep transom tail gives ultimate buoyancy in high leverage area.