Developed for ocean rescue, the Astro version revolutionizes all we know about safety!
The extra nose volume and higher nose rocker cuts down on drag while paddle transporting a person through surf. At 28" wide the hull is narrow enough for prone paddling and knee paddling. The high volume rails provide ample stability for stand-up paddling and patrolling. The hull's length offers great glide for cruising and the well-balanced board surfs real well for its size.
Multiple handles have been attached for the distressed person to hold onto. The handles can also be used for the Life Guards to carry the rescued person on top of the board from the water to the car.
Great for Event Lifeguarding, pools and training.
"Mono-concave merging to flat V"
The Deluxe inflatable offering includes:
• Extra tall high aspect pressure single action pump (14 -18 PSI)
• Large, comfortable heavy duty back pack with extra room for gear storage.
• Astro box center and side fin box system.
• Foiled middle and side fins.
• Super strong reinforced 4” to 6” PVC drop-stitch material.
• Triple rail band stringers for extra stiffness.
• Full deck EVA.
• Soft handle cover for comfortable board carrying
• 4 D-rings on the nose for gearstorage.
• Leash attachment point.
• Repair kit.
View Surf Lifesaving Northern Region Rescue Protocol and Fundraising Opportunities.